This Certificate IV in TESOL course is unique to the Malaysian market in that LMF International Academy remains the only provider of the programme delivered locally to date. It presents a special vocational pathway for:
- Form 5 students (onwards) who are very keen on pursuing teaching English and who have either obtained a distinction in their English language learning so far, or;
- students who are ready to commit themselves fully to obtain a distinction in the area by signing up for an ESL preparation course to ensure they obtain the necessary minimum 6.0 IELTS Band Score to fulfil the requirement from the Australian government before joining the Cert IV in TESOL programme.
The Certificate IV in TESOL programme will entitle learners to:
- hands-on internship at LMF International Academy along with;
- voluntary English teaching work at underprivileged homes or local schools (a chance that is rarely available to Certificate-level holders);
- special Mandarin teaching lessons for any students who are interested in teaching bilingually in both English and Mandarin (e.g.: Benefit: Students can conduct private Mandarin-English lessons as part-time work while studying for their Diploma in Melbourne), and;
- earning an Australian English Language Teaching Certificate or TESOL Certificate in Malaysia which increases the employability of the graduate to secure junior English language teaching positions locally and abroad.
Once they progress to the Australian Diploma in TESOL level at ANIBT in Melbourne, learners will have the advantage of:
- neutralising their Malaysian accents by immersing in a native English-speaking environment while;
- gaining the opportunity to intern at the prestigious Australian National College of English (ANCE) in the heart of Melbourne, and;
- earning an Australian Diploma in TESOL conducted by native speakers which increases the employability and chances of securing an English teaching job in Malaysia or abroad.
To aid parents and students in making sound financial decisions on educational options for the TESOL course, the breakdown of the total cost of a Diploma in TESOL between LMF-ANIBT and other private institutions in Malaysia are as follows:
|Learning Institutions||Total Cost at Specified Learning Institutions||Number of Years to Completion|
|LMF-ANIBT (with opportunity to study on-campus in Australia)||RM30,650||1.5|
|Other Private Institutions (conducted locally without opportunity to study on-campus in Australia)||RM18,000-48,000||2|
This exciting Vocational Australian TESOL Certificate & Diploma educational package is now available in under 1.5 years between Malaysia and Australia, with a possibility of advancing to Degree level by committing to another 2 years in an Australian institution of higher learning.
The 13th of October, 2019 marked the inauguration of the collaboration in providing the Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) programme offered by ANIBT (Australian National Institute of Business and Technology, Melbourne) and delivered exclusively LMF International Academy, Selangor. This 2019 official Signing Ceremony was held in Dorsett Hartamas, Kuala Lumpur, in conjunction with the 2019 Certificate IV in Business Graduation Ceremony.